Tech Nation Rising Star Finalist Announced For 2022
Tech Nation Rising Star Finalist’s announced for 2022. We are excited to reveal that Letting Cloud and it’s CEO Grant MacCusker has been announced as one of the 20 companies selected as UK finalists to go through to the Rising Stars Winners Judging Roundtable.
Rising Stars Regional winners pitched to the Tech Nation judging panel at a virtual Semi-Final in January.
The panel – which was led by GP Bullhound Vice President Ed Prior – included VCs, angel investors, experienced entrepreneurs and tech community leaders from across the UK. Each pitch was marked on value proposition, competitive advantage, market traction, team experience and potential to scale.
The Semi-Final judges
The Semi-Final judging panel:
- Heather Delaney | Managing Director & Founder, Gallium Ventures
- Jeevan Sunner | VC Investor, Playfair Capital
- Stuart Clarke | Director, Paceline and Leeds Digital Festival
- Isabelle O’Keefe | Principal, Sure Valley
- Mark Lyons | Director, Praetura
- Charlotte Barttelot | Investor, MMC Ventures
- Paul Excell | COO, Scaleup Group
- Sam Hields | Investment Associate, OpenOcean
- Tracey Johnson | Creative & Digital Industries Sector Specialist, Enterprising Barnsley
- Ruby Khnom | Partner, Pinsent Masons
- Ammar Mirza | Chairman & Founder, Asian Business Connections
- Ed Stevenson | Investor, SF Capital
- Marika Beckford | Co-Founder, Silicon Canal
Letting Cloud Pitch
How has your region supported you in your journey so far?
As a founder it is hard to do many tasks, try to manage a team and wear many hats on a daily basis. The support out there for tech startups is readily available, and founders need to take advantage of it.
About Tech Nation Rising Stars
Stats and sectors
Rising Stars 4.0 is a competition for early-stage scaleups, and the average age of our 20 finalists is 2.7 years. The companies have an average of seven employees each and more than half (55%) have female founders or co-founders.
Continuing on the theme of investment, 90% of our Rising Stars 4.0 finalists are looking to raise (28% are looking to raise seed, 33% seed extension, and 39% Series A), and the average next raise sought is £2.27m.
Our Rising Stars 4.0 finalists are operating in an eclectic mix of sectors, including: Ecommerce & Marketplace; HRtech; Healthtech, Biotech and Life Sciences; Proptech; Deathtech; SaaS; Lawtech; Gaming/Immersive; Proptech; Edtech; Fintech; Cybersecurity (including Surveillance); Digital Entertainment/Creative Tech; and Retail Tech.